To submit a return request please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mylightingsource will accept returns within 30 days of receipt.
All returns must be authorized in advance. An RGA number will be assigned to you within 5-7 days of your request with accompanying instructions. Please review our policy below before submitting your request.
Products returned are to have all original packaging, including all literature, parts and pieces. The items are to be un-installed, in brand new condition, no writing or markings on the box, no cut wires, no wires that have been attached with wire nuts (Yes we can tell), or missing hardware. All parts must be in original, unopened packages. All packing material must be included and intact. If a returned item is determined to be in non-sellable condition, no refund will be given on that item. You will also be responsible for any return shipping fees back to your residence.
- Returns will be accepted up to 30 days from receipt of the item.
- Customer is responsible for return shipping unless otherwise noted.(Items must be returned via Fed Ex or UPS. Item must be insured for damage. Items that arrive damaged will not be refunded and a claim will be filed with shipping carrier.)
- No restock fees on our FREE-RETURN brands. Items not listed as a FREE-RETURN brand are subject to a 15% restocking fee.*
- No credit will be issued for any expedited shipping costs or shipping or handling charges to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or international addresses.
- Any Item that was purchased as non-returnable.
- Clearance items, Custom made items, Quoted items, Items purchased at special discounts, quantities over 10 and open box items are non returnable.
- Light Bulbs, Glass, parts, down rods or shades are non returnable.
- Items not in resalable condition are non returnable.
- Any item returned with writing or markings on the box are non returnable.
- Returns past 30 days of receipt are non returnable.
- Items returned without an RGA are subject to an automatic 50% restocking fee on top of the return shipping charges and based on the item, may be denied.
- If the item is determined to be in "Not-New" condition upon return, we reserve the right to charge a restocking fee of up to 75% on top of the return shipping charges.
We will not accept returns on the basis below:
The Item is Returned Without an RGA
The Item is not "As-New"
Exclusive Free-Return Brands
We are excited to offer free return shipping and zero restock fees for these exclusive brands. Free returns are offered on items that are able to ship UPS or Fedex standard. Oversize or Freight items are not included in this offer. (Only available to the continental United States.) (Does not apply for marketplace orders. Such as Houzz, Amazon and Ebay.)
* Quoizel (start date 9/2016)
* Kichler (start date 9/2016)
* Maxim (start date 9/2016)
* Craftmade (start date 9/2016)
* Jeremiah (start date 9/2016)
* Feiss (start date 9/2016)
* Hinkley (start date 9/2016)
* Golden (start date 9/2016)
* Quorum (start date 9/2016)
* Minka (start date 9/2016)
* ET2 (start date 9/2016)
* Elk (start date 9/2016)
* Capital (start date 9/2016)
Free-Return brands include:
As with all returns, Products returned are to have all original packaging, including all literature, parts and pieces. The items are to be un-installed, in brand new condition, with no cut wires, no wires that have been attached with wire nuts (Yes we can tell), or missing hardware. All parts must be in original, unopened packages. All packing material must be included and intact. If a returned item is determined to be in non-sellable condition, no refund will be given on that item. You will also be responsible for any return shipping fees back to your residence.
For all other vendors, you are responsible for all shipping charges back to our warehouse. You are also responsible for insuring the shipment and proof of tracking package back to us.
No Returns accepted for these brands:
Unfortunately there a few brands where we do not accept returns of any kind. We understand that this is inconvenient so please make sure to contact us for help with selecting the item and price so that you are not stuck with something you don’t want. Of course if you’re item arrives broken or damaged we will replace the item or part free of charge.
- House of Troy
- Kalco Lighting
- Robert Abbey
- Hubbardton Forge
Are Open box products returnable?
Unfortunately no. Do to the nature of these types of products; we cannot take them back a second time. The idea behind this promotion is that we transfer great savings to you for products that you desire and are readily available in our warehouse. In the event that you receive damaged goods, we will replace them per our replacement policy.
How long until I receive my refund?
Once the merchandise is received back at our warehouse, it will be inspected. Upon inspection approval, you will be refunded and notified via email. We estimate credit will be issued within 5-10 business days from the day the item is received back.
We highly recommend that you not file a charge back with your credit card company during the return process. Keep in mind that the returns process can take up some time to complete. If a charge-back is requested, the refund process will cease and we will not be able to issue you a return refund until the charge-back process is completed. This process can take up to 180 days. In certain cases, initiating a charge back can void your ability to receive any credit at all.
Free Shipping On Orders Over $99.00
Shipping Policy,Our products ship directly from various distribution centers using UPS, FedEx or a trucking company. Orders above $99 will be shipped at no charge, all others will be charged a flat $15 shipping fee. On fixtures designated to ship by truck or are oversized, there will be an additional flat freight charge of $75.00 added to your order.
We pride ourselves in offering exceptional customer service and want you to receive your products in excellent condition and in a timely fashion.
In some instances delays may occur. Mylightingsource does not have control over the manufacturer’s inventory, production or shipping schedules. If there are delays or backorders from the manufacturer you will be notified in a timely manner. If you wish to cancel your order due to a backorder see cancellation policy.
Mylightingsource is not responsible for any lost or damaged shipments. Please note that once the common carrier verifies through tracking that the item has been delivered, we cannot be held liable for loss.
If loss or damaged does occur, you must file a claim to the respective shipper within 36 hours. To expedite your fixture replacement request, please complete our damaged items form, or call our customer service department at 1-866-561-5119. Mylightingsource currently will ship to Hawaii and Alaska. Orders to Hawaii and Alaska will have a surcharge that will be displayed during the ordering process.