To submit a return request please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mylightingsource will accept returns within 30 days of receipt.
All returns must be authorized in advance. An RGA number will be assigned to you within 5-7 days of your request with accompanying instructions. Please review our policy below before submitting your request.
Products returned are to have all original packaging, including all literature, parts and pieces. The items are to be un-installed, in brand new condition, no writing or markings on the box, no cut wires, no wires that have been attached with wire nuts (Yes we can tell), or missing hardware. All parts must be in original, unopened packages. All packing material must be included and intact. If a returned item is determined to be in non-sellable condition, no refund will be given on that item. You will also be responsible for any return shipping fees back to your residence.
- Returns will be accepted up to 30 days from receipt of the item.
- Customer is responsible for return shipping unless otherwise noted.(Items must be returned via Fed Ex or UPS. Item must be insured for damage. Items that arrive damaged will not be refunded and a claim will be filed with shipping carrier.)
- No restock fees on our FREE-RETURN brands. Items not listed as a FREE-RETURN brand are subject to a 15% restocking fee.*
- No credit will be issued for any expedited shipping costs or shipping or handling charges to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or international addresses.
- Any Item that was purchased as non-returnable.
- Clearance items, Custom made items, Quoted items, Items purchased at special discounts and open box items.
- Light Bulbs, Glass, parts, down rods or shades.
- Items not in resalable condition.
- Any item returned with writing or markings on the box.
- Returns past 30 days of receipt.
- Items returned without an RGA are subject to an automatic 50% restocking fee on top of the return shipping charges and based on the item, may be denied.
- If the item is determined to be in "Not-New" condition upon return, we reserve the right to charge a restocking fee of up to 75% on top of the return shipping charges.
We will not accept returns on the basis below:
The Item is Returned Without an RGA
The Item is not "As-New"
Exclusive Free-Return Brands
We are excited to offer free return shipping and zero restock fees for these exclusive brands. Free returns are offered on items that are able to ship UPS or Fedex standard. Oversize or Freight items are not included in this offer. (Only available to the continental United States.) (Does not apply for marketplace orders. Such as Houzz, Amazon and Ebay.)
* Quoizel (start date 9/2016)
* Kichler (start date 9/2016)
* Maxim (start date 9/2016)
* Craftmade (start date 9/2016)
* Jeremiah (start date 9/2016)
* Feiss (start date 9/2016)
* Hinkley (start date 9/2016)
* Golden (start date 9/2016)
* Quorum (start date 9/2016)
* Minka (start date 9/2016)
* ET2 (start date 9/2016)
* Elk (start date 9/2016)
* Capital (start date 9/2016)
Free-Return brands include:
As with all returns, Products returned are to have all original packaging, including all literature, parts and pieces. The items are to be un-installed, in brand new condition, with no cut wires, no wires that have been attached with wire nuts (Yes we can tell), or missing hardware. All parts must be in original, unopened packages. All packing material must be included and intact. If a returned item is determined to be in non-sellable condition, no refund will be given on that item. You will also be responsible for any return shipping fees back to your residence.
For all other vendors, you are responsible for all shipping charges back to our warehouse. You are also responsible for insuring the shipment and proof of tracking package back to us.
No Returns accepted for these brands:
Unfortunately there a few brands where we do not accept returns of any kind. We understand that this is inconvenient so please make sure to contact us for help with selecting the item and price so that you are not stuck with something you don’t want. Of course if you’re item arrives broken or damaged we will replace the item or part free of charge.
- House of Troy
- Kalco Lighting
- Robert Abbey
Are Openbox products returnable?
Unfortunately no. Do to the nature of these types of products; we cannot take them back a second time. The idea behind this promotion is that we transfer great savings to you for products that you desire and are readily available in our warehouse. In the event that you receive damaged goods, we will replace them per our replacement policy.
How long until I receive my refund?
Once the merchandise is received back at our warehouse, it will be inspected. Upon inspection approval, you will be refunded and notified via email. We estimate credit will be issued within 5-10 business days from the day the item is received back.
We highly recommend that you not file a charge back with your credit card company during the return process. Keep in mind that the returns process can take up some time to complete. If a charge-back is requested, the refund process will cease and we will not be able to issue you a return refund until the charge-back process is completed. This process can take up to 180 days. In certain cases, initiating a charge back can void your ability to receive any credit at all.